STD surveillance enhances efforts to prevent STD transmission, improve allocation of resources for treatment services, and assist in evaluating the impact of public health interventions.
- Featured STD Surveillance Reports
- All CDC STD Surveillance Reports, by category
- CDC STD*MIS (STD Data Management Information System)
Featured STD Surveillance Reports
View geographic patterns and time trends in CDC's surveillance data for HIV, AIDS, viral hepatitis, tuberculosis, chlamydia, gonorrhea, and primary and secondary syphilis.
This interactive tool allows you to access data through detailed reports, maps, and other graphics.
All CDC STD Surveillance Reports, by category
These surveillance reports are available to support the development of evidence-based interventions.
STD Surveillance and Statistics
From the NCHHSTP Web site, you can view:
- Surveillance Reports and Supplements from 1993 through 2011
- Trend reports for 2011 and 2010
- Case definitions for Infectious Conditions Under Public Health Surveillance
Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports (MMWRs) contain provisional data on notifiable diseases and deaths based on weekly reports to CDC by state health departments. The reporting week concludes at close of business on Friday; compiled national data are officially released the following Friday.