Other HIV Training Providers
HIV prevention training resources offered by CDC partners and other providers.
The National Network of STD/HIV Prevention Training Centers—CDC-funded group of regional centers created in partnership with health departments and universities. The PTCs are dedicated to increasing the knowledge and skills of health professionals in the areas of sexual and reproductive health.
- Online Courses—Topics include Social Determinants of Health and HIV, HIV Today: What Everyone Needs to Know.
- Recorded Webinars—Topics include LGBTQQI Sensitivity, Be PrEPared, impact of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy on Local Prevention Practices.
- Podcasts—Topics include Depression, HIV Prevention with Transgender People, Prevention with Positives: Stigma.
- Engagement in Prevention and Care Videos—On Challenges for MSM of Color, HIV and Sexual Health, HIV and Incarceration: Challenges, Risks, and Opportunities, and more.
AIDS Education and Training Center Program—National network provides education to healthcare professionals and healthcare organizations to integrate comprehensive care for those living with or affected by HIV.
- eLibrary—AETC-NMC resources and those from collaborative partners.
- Case Studies in Cultural Competency—Offers case studies in 15 different populations.
- Podcasts—Topics include Promoting HIV Testing and Connecting Patients Living with HIV to Care.
- Video Case Studies
- Publications—Includes BESAFE cultural competency models and HIV in Communities of Color: The Compendium of Culturally Competent Promising Practices.
Center for Health and Behavioral Training—Research, practice, and teaching to improve community health with a focus on evidence-based STD/HIV prevention.
- Evidence-based Behavioral Interventions for Managers
- Overview of DEBIs
- Selecting Effective Behavioral Interventions (EBIs)
National Hepatitis Training Institute—Free training to frontline workers in community-based organizations and clinics on hepatitis prevention, diagnosis, management, treatment, and integration with HIV and STD prevention.
- Project ECHO—Online clinical education and care consultation service.
- HIV Web Study
- HIV in the Correctional Setting
Seattle STD/HIV Prevention Training Center
Hard to Reach, Hard to Retain: Current Approaches to HIV Prevention and Care Webinar Series
- Culturally Competent Care in Clinical Settings
- HIV Prevention in Substance Abuse Treatment Settings
- Biomedical Prevention of HIV
- 2013 HIV Testing and Treatment Update
- In+Care Campaign Webcasts—Retention-in-care series; populations include transgender people, young MSM of color, Latinos, youth, homeless, and stigma.
- Creating a Jail Linkage Program – training manual, curriculum, and webinars including "How to Build/Expand a Linkage Program" and "Creating Partnerships and Navigating the 'Culture of Corrections.'"
- Innovative Approaches to Engaging Hard-to-Reach Populations Living with HIV/AIDS into Care – training manual, curriculum, and webinars on outreach, inreach and patient empowerment.