Resources for HIV and STD Prevention among Young Persons
Innovative approaches to HIV and STD education and prevention such as KABI Chronicles may prove effective in encouraging healthy behavior change among youth. When used in conjunction with information and resources tailored to youth, outcomes may be even more promising. Below is a list of CDC-identified resources to connect teens to information promoting healthy sexual behaviors and decision-making.
- Adolescents and STDs Fact Sheet
- Let's talk about sexual health video
- STD facts
- The Right Way to Use a Male Condom
- HIV Basics
- Get Tested - HIV and STD testing near you
- Monitoring Your Teen's Activities: What Parents and Families Should Know
- Ways to Influence Your Teen's Sexual Risk Behavior: What Fathers Can Do
- Parents' Influence on the Health of Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Teens: What Parents and Families Should Know
- Talking with Your Teens about Sex: Going Beyond "the Talk"
- HIV Among U.S. Youth 2016
NPIN encourages partners in various settings to share KABI Chronicles with youth and colleagues. Below are downloadable flyers that include a synopsis of the series. Click a design below to download your PDF poster.
NPIN invites prevention partners to share their experiences, projects, and plans in the NPIN community so that others can learn from your efforts.